Re: Hacker

Lawrence Watkins ( (no email) )
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:01:50 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BD5C8C.06559210

We have had lots of problems like that also. We have applied the =
hotfixes regarding the teardrop2 problem and lockups have stopped.
-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly Wright <kelly@buz.net>
To: ntisp@iea-software.com <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Date: Monday, March 30, 1998 3:01 PM
Subject: Hacker
=20
We have a server that keeps locking up. I was wanting to know if it =
might be a hacker. I remember a while back reading something about a =
program someone can use to lockup a win95 or NT machine by knowing the =
IP. Is there a patch that can protect against such a user. I think =
that is our problem. No error logs are showing up on what the problem =
is.
=20
Kelly Wright (kelly@buz.net)
BuzNet Communications
http://www.buz.net
972-644-0440

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BD5C8C.06559210

We have had lots of problems like =that=20also.  We have applied the hotfixes regarding the teardrop2 problem =and=20lockups have stopped.
-----Original =Message-----
From:=20 Kelly Wright <kelly@buz.net>
To: ntisp@iea-software.com =<ntisp@iea-software.com>
=Date:=20 Monday, March 30, 1998 3:01 PM
Subject:=20 Hacker

We have a server that keeps =locking=20 up.  I was wanting to know if it might be a hacker.  I =remember a=20 while back reading something about a program someone can use to =lockup a=20 win95 or NT machine by knowing the IP.  Is there a patch that =can=20 protect against such a user.  I think that is our =problem.  No=20 error logs are showing up on what the problem is.

Kelly Wright (kelly@buz.net)
BuzNet=20 Communications
http://www.buz.net
972-644-0440