Re: Hacker

Access Computer Systems ( (no email) )
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:37:48 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BD5C24.15628C80

Kelly;
We have been going through the exact same thing here in Florida. NT =
boxes been running for two years fine. then suddenly the first box on =
the net starts locking up, just freezes (no error code nothing). At =
first we thought it was the SCSI controller, changes it, then changed =
the drives, then changed the whole machine out. Still locked up.=20

To night we just finished installing all the hotfixes hoping to stop =
this, we do suspect Denial of Service Attacks.

Please let us know what you find out, and we will do the same for you.
Greg
Access Internet
-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly Wright <kelly@buz.net>
To: ntisp@iea-software.com <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Date: Monday, March 30, 1998 8:53 PM
Subject: Hacker
=20
We have a server that keeps locking up. I was wanting to know if it =
might be a hacker. I remember a while back reading something about a =
program someone can use to lockup a win95 or NT machine by knowing the =
IP. Is there a patch that can protect against such a user. I think =
that is our problem. No error logs are showing up on what the problem =
is.
=20
Kelly Wright (kelly@buz.net)
BuzNet Communications
http://www.buz.net
972-644-0440

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BD5C24.15628C80

Kelly;
We have been =going through=20the exact same thing here in Florida. NT boxes been running for two =years fine.=20then suddenly the first box on the net starts locking up, just freezes =(no error=20code nothing). At first we thought it was the SCSI controller, changes =it, then=20changed the drives, then changed the whole machine out. Still locked up. =

To night we just finished installing all the =hotfixes hoping=20to stop this, we do suspect Denial of Service Attacks.

Please let us know what you find out, and we will do =the same=20for you.
Greg
Access Internet
-----Original =Message-----
From:=20 Kelly Wright <kelly@buz.net>
To: ntisp@iea-software.com =<ntisp@iea-software.com>
=Date:=20 Monday, March 30, 1998 8:53 PM
Subject:=20 Hacker

We have a server that keeps =locking=20 up.  I was wanting to know if it might be a hacker.  I =remember a=20 while back reading something about a program someone can use to =lockup a=20 win95 or NT machine by knowing the IP.  Is there a patch that =can=20 protect against such a user.  I think that is our =problem.  No=20 error logs are showing up on what the problem is.

Kelly Wright (kelly@buz.net)
BuzNet=20 Communications
http://www.buz.net
972-644-0440