RE: PM, MAX, or USR

Thomas Kinnen ( tkinnen@usacomputers.net )
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:07:36 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, rkm wrote:

> I also like the ASCEND MAX but just read an article at the BOARDWATCH site
> where the X2 series (supported by the 3com/USR product) regularly supported
> 40k+ connections but the Kflex modems rarely got over 35k.

Must have missed the flame wars over that on some of the other lists.
Needless to same there is some serious doubt about those tests results as
they were just dialing in and connect and hangup. No login or data
transfers. Also no account was taken as to what equiptment was used on
the other end or how it was provisioned. x2 is known to connect on one
speed and settle to a lower speed where kflex tends to connect low
nad shift up.

Tom