Re: Post.Office mail-blocking measures

Mitch Wagers ( mwagers@ocsnet.net )
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:38:19 -0800

All I am hearing is NTMail NTMail NTMail...well that's great if it works.
You do realize that if setup properly, Post.Office will not deliver mail
destined for any-other-than-local domain unless specifically specified?
That means only junk mail is going to your users and not the outside world.
Reverse DNS verification does work in some cases, but it adds from <one(1)
second to 10 seconds per message, which could easily over-run the server if
it is on a medium to large scale system.