Re: Post.Office mail-blocking measures

Lloyd Brunt ( lloyd.brunt@net-shopper.co.uk )
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:00:02 +0000

At 09:24 18/03/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a way to have Post.Office 3.1.2 perform a reverse DNS
>lookup on incoming mail to aid in the prevention of receiving spam? We
>have SendMail (whatever the latest version is) on one of our Unix machines
>configured to perform reverse lookup on all incoming mail. If the domain
>name in the "From:" field cannot be verified, it rejects the mail.
>Unfortunately, our Post.Office still accepts mail with From addresses like
>"234234@235423.com" and "joezkafw2345@aglkrszk.com". We already have huge
>lists of complete email addresses, domain names, and usernames to block
>mail from, but there's no way to stop all numeric email addresses from
>being blocked that I know of...
>
>Thanks for any tips,

Josh, you will find this feature (amongst others) in NTMail. You can try
the NTMail server for free by downloading it from our Web site (URL below).
You will also find information on our Web site about our anti-virus, junk
mail filtering, list server and Fax gateway options.

-Regards, Lloyd

Lloyd Brunt NTMail/NTList on http://www.ntmail.co.uk
Techincal Support NT Products on http://www.net-shopper.co.uk
Internet Shopper Sales Tel: +44 1275 340333, Fax: 340056