Re: More Problems with DNS stopping randomly.

Michael Whisenant ( mwhisen@airnet.net )
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 09:38:57 -0600

The problem that you refer to is that it is RFC compliant. Most likely you
have a configuration issue. Keep in mind that if you have a DNS loop, due
to misconfiguration that this IS likely to happen. What Metainfo and
Microsoft have done in their new versions is to add a timeout for the DNS
request. Since they are capable of processing multiple request and if each
gets into a routing loop looking for the correct A record then you will
slow it down so that no other request will be processed.