Re: Digital Terminal Servers/Network Access Servers.

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Thu, 05 Mar 1998 09:51:33 -0500

At 11:58 PM 3/4/98 -0500, you wrote:

>We've looked at the Livingston PM3's, but I 'm not too hot on its
>limitations of 2 PRI's/T-1's. Is there a PM3 model that can scale better?

I've heard fifth-hand information (FWIW) that the PM-4, in development, is
targetted at those who have "hundreds" of ports in one location....

The PM-3 is an EXCELLENT solution. If you have more ports than that, they
"concatenate", appearing to the outside as one large PM-3 with hundreds of
ports. So I'd still say go for the PM-3 if you need to buy now.