Re: IIS & Proxy AutoConfig for Communicator

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 20:30:59 +0800

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BD46E3.4700D7C0

http://www.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html

If you download IEAK, the help web page also has it.

Tell me if you could make it run against IIS.

- Danny
-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Waldron <dan@diversified.com.au>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 03, 1998 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: IIS & Proxy AutoConfig for Communicator=20
=20
Where did you get the specs for the PAC file? I've been lookign for =
them everywhere!
=20
Rgds
Dan
=20
Dan Waldron
Diversified Data
dan@diversified.com.au
http://www.diversified.com.au
Ph: 0417-659-828 (+61-417-659-828)
Fx: 02-9832-0951 (+61-2-9832-0951)
=20
----------
From: Danny Sinang <danny@uplink.com.ph>
To: NTISP <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Subject: IIS & Proxy AutoConfig for Communicator=20
Date: Tuesday, 3 March 1998 23:14
=20
Hi. I've just written a PROXY.PAC file to autoconfigure Netscape =
Communicator 4.04. But everytime I open Communicator, it won't read the =
..PAC, saying I need to define the MIME type =
"application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig" on my web server. I'm using IIS 3.0 =
and I've already edited the registry to acommodate the MIME type =
"application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig". I made a REG_SZ =
"application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig,pac,,5" and I've restarted the WWW =
service. Still no success. Any of you guys have any idea on how to make =
this work ? - Danny Sinang
=20
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BD46E3.4700D7C0

http://www.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.ht=ml

If you download IEAK, the help web page also has=20it.

Tell me if you could make it run =against=20IIS.

- Danny
-----Original =Message-----
From:=20 Dan Waldron <dan@diversified.com.au>
=To:=20 ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date:=20 Tuesday, March 03, 1998 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: IIS & =Proxy=20 AutoConfig for Communicator

Where did you get the =specs for the=20 PAC file? I've been lookign for them=20 =everywhere!

Rgds
Dan

-----------------------------------=--------
Dan=20 Waldron
Diversified Data
dan@diversified.com.au
http://www.diversified.com.au
Ph: 0417-659-828 (+61-417-659-828)
Fx: =02-9832-0951=20 (+61-2-9832-0951)

From: Danny Sinang <danny@uplink.com.ph>
To:=20 NTISP <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Tuesday, 3 March 1998 23:14

Hi.I've just written a PROXY.PAC file to autoconfigure =Netscape=20 Communicator 4.04.  But everytime =I open=20 Communicator, it won't read the .PAC, saying I need to define the =MIME type=20 "application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig" on my web server.=20  I'm using IIS 3.0 and I've already edited the =registry to=20 acommodate the MIME type ="application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig".=20  I made a REG_SZ=20 "application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig,pac,,5" and I've =restarted the=20 WWW service. Still no success.  Any of you=20 guys have any idea on how to make this work ?- Danny Sinang

=------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BD46E3.4700D7C0--