Re: OT: Multiple monitors

Vernon Brooks ( merlin@netnevada.net )
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 14:11:53 -0800

Matrox Milleniums can do it ( but you can't mix agp and pci). THere is
also a new card out by STB, I think, that has dual monitor support right on
a single card. Cool...

ANd yes, 98 and NT5 both will have native support for multi-monitors. I
have tested the 98 version, and it worked pretty well with my Millenium 1
and a generic S3Virge.

At 01:49 AM 2/21/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Adrian Teasdale wrote:
>>
>> OK, I know it's slightly off-topic, but does anyone know of a card or
>> software which allows for multiple monitors to be run under NT?
>> Originally coming from a Mac background, it was extremely useful to have
>> multiple monitors to display all the palletes I use and I would love to
>> have this facility under NT
>
>NT 5.0 and Win95 will have native support for multiple monitors, even
>with different video cards. There are a couple of cards that can do
>it under 4.0 with a vendor specific driver. I believe the matrox
>might be one of them.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)

----