Re: Multilink

Thomas Kinnen ( tkinnen@usacomputers.net )
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 05:02:43 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, cyborg wrote:

> Is anyone using Multilink with NT 4.0 Server? With a few inexpensive
> modems it may solve my temporary bandwidth problems as I have access to
> a few Internet accounts.
> I read that it was supposed to dial up all connections and distribute
> the traffic evenly as it was a single high speed connection.
> Sounds like an interesting idea, but is it worth the extra modems, is it
> something worth considering?

Works great. Using a 56K Multi-Tech and a 56K Zoom at the house. Only
problem I found is that even with redial on link failuar set it does not
redial untill ALL lines go down. This was a probelm when I used a Compaq
56K and a 33.6 as the compaq tented to drop a lot and the 33.6 stayed on
all day. Replaced both with different modems and it works great. Had an
average of 78K link rates.

Thomas Kinnen
USA Anime Archive : http://www.anime.usacomputers.net
Personal Home Page : http://www.sobhrach.com/