Re: HTML question

John David M. Miller ( (no email) )
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:02:34 -0500

IE4.0 does allow for printing the background. Also you can set the default
printing color a Netscape.

Many user will not know this so for most cases the solution would work
but is not 100%

John David M. Miller
"Computers are useless, they only give us the answers." - Pablo Picasso

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lange <radadmin@palacenet.net>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Friday, January 23, 1998 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: HTML question

HI

One way I have seen is to provide a dark background & white text. Web
Browsers don't send the background image or color and CAN NOT print white
text.

JOhn :}

At 12:46 PM 1/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>One way or another, a page can always be printed, because of the nature
>of HTML. HTML source must be sent or a page won't show up. Source
>can be viewed, and saved and the page reconstructed.
>
>ACCS Internet wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone out there know how to disable the printing ability for a
>> web page?
>> Is there a way of making a web page that cannot be printed? Thanks,
>>
>> -Jason Kallner
>> ACCS Internet Services
>> internet@accs.net

>--
>Ray Mosely
>ISCET and A+ Certified Computer Technician
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Mosely & Associates, member CompTIA

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @ http://www.microt.com/
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/index.html

--- __o