Re: HTML question

John David M. Miller ( (no email) )
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:02:34 -0500

IE4.0 does allow for printing the background. Also you can set the default
printing color a Netscape.

Many user will not know this so for most cases the solution would work
but is not 100%

John David M. Miller
SAMnet Internet Solutions /
Authorized Ipswitch VAR - Offering ISP Discounts
IMail Mailing List Subscription Information
"Computers are useless, they only give us the answers." - Pablo Picasso

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lange <>
To: <>
Date: Friday, January 23, 1998 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: HTML question

One way I have seen is to provide a dark background & white text. Web
Browsers don't send the background image or color and CAN NOT print white

JOhn :}

At 12:46 PM 1/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>One way or another, a page can always be printed, because of the nature
>of HTML. HTML source must be sent or a page won't show up. Source
>can be viewed, and saved and the page reconstructed.
>ACCS Internet wrote:
>> Does anyone out there know how to disable the printing ability for a
>> web page?
>> Is there a way of making a web page that cannot be printed? Thanks,
>> -Jason Kallner
>> ACCS Internet Services

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC. MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @

--- __o
--- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town