Re: DNS admin

Mitch Wagers ( mwagers@ocsnet.net )
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 06:05:16 -0800

First, if you want to run Primary DNS for your domains, you need to have all
of the domains setup on your Server, and they need to be primary zones, not
secondary. Then, you need to have InterNIC change your registration to
point to your DNS Server and not your provider's. Then, I would modify the
registration to have you as the Tech Contact.
Your provider will have to change their SOA records accordingly, it's a
common misconception. Make sure yours are correct as well and don't forget
about modifying the IN-ADDR registrations.