Re: Evaluating ISP account managment packages.

Robert W. Beggs ( (no email) )
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 23:00:25 -0500

At 09:00 PM 1/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>We are currently looking a Emerald, Internet BOB, and Platypus.
>
>I noticed that Emerald does not integrate with IMail and sent an
>e-mail to my rep. to see if he can get one of the developers
>to contact Dale.
>
>I would appreciate hearing from users of these products about
>your experiences with them and their their support techs..

John --

I have tested all three packages, and found that all three have their
strengths. However, IMail was my choice for a mail package, and I-BOB is
the only one that integrates with that; in fact, it integrates with WU-FTP
and RadiusNT as well. It also integrates with most credit card packages.

The big kicker - I had some questions to ask about program customization.
When I emailed them, I not only recieved two replies within 5 minutes, but
one was from Robin Greenhagen, the President. My request for information
was almost immediately settled, and there were follow-up messages as well.
I have not heard back from Emerald yet...and that was a few days ago...

Features aside, if there response is indicative of the support offered by
the Internet BOB folk, they would certainly get my vote!

(All the usuall stuff about not working for the company, and just being a
satisfied customer, apply..)

Robb