Re: Whois server for NT?

J. William Semich ( (no email) )
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:16:42 -0500

Hi;

thanks for the tip - but the only whois CGI scripts I've been able to
locate are whois clients, not a server that can access a database and
respond to a whois client request...

Bill

>Why don't you get one of the freely available whois cgi's?
>
>Rik
>At 11:17 AM 1/14/98 -0500, Bill wrote:
>>I'm still desperately seeking a source for an NT version of a whois or
>>rwhois server - looked in the Resource kit and supplement but could not
>>find it on the CD or even mentioned in the text anywhere.
>>
>>Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>TIA,
>>
>>Bill Semich
>
>---
>Rik Thomas rikt@impaqcomp.com
>Rik on the OS Wars: "I run them all, in no way do I like any OS, some more
>than others piss me off!, just like people"-Rik Thomas

J. William Semich
Executive Editor/Technology
Web Week
170 Worcester St.
Suite 104
Wellesley, MA 02181
781-237-2050 ext 216
bsemich@webweek.com

Effective Feb. 2, the weekly publication you know as Web Week will be
reborn as:

Internet World, "The Voice of E-Business and Internet Technology"