RE: change NTFS permissions via command line program

Garland, Roger ( (no email) )
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 07:07:54 -0800

Does anyone know of a source for the permissions necessary for each
directory to make Frontpage work for a basic configuration. A book
would be great.

Roger Garland
-----Original Message-----
From: Misha []
Sent: Monday, January 12, 1998 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: change NTFS permissions via command line program

Once extentions are set up right it really does become a permissions
problem. I have seen them creep up in most unlikely places, with one
not being able to log in while all the rest were publishing without a
problem, and no the permissions problem was not with his web, it was
shared .dll's

I have to be careful about what I install and when. Running Cold
Fusion and Front Page 98 is especially problematic. Front Page is very
sensitive to the permissions, which get replaced every time I upgrade
Fusion. Things get even worse once I reapply Service Pack, as it
does delete/copy operation inhereting the permissions of
%systemroot%\system32. Using Front Page administrator to set permissions
is pretty much useless too because it almost always does it wrong. What
really need to do is write a script that goes through and fixes all the
ACL's after I update any software.