Re: DNS Question

Carlo Gibertini ( (no email) )
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:44:08 -0200

Dumb mail clients, such the old eudora 1.52, cant find the mail server if
the domain.com isnt pointed with an A record to the address of the mail
server.

To solve the problem I put a WWW server in the box with the mail server
pointing to the webpages in my oficial WWW server.

Its ugly but works...

Just my 2 cents.

Carlo

----------
> De: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea.com>
> Para: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
> Assunto: Re: DNS Question
> Data: Sábado, 10 de Janeiro de 1998 17:53
>
> Mitch Wagers wrote:
> >
> > That was somewhat inclusive, because not all MX records point to the
same
> > domain. The point is you don't have www and mail hosts pointed at the
same
> > machine unless of course they run all of that software on one machine.
None