Re: Loading NT on new server

Kelly Wright ( (no email) )
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 16:14:58 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01BD1DE2.E53D34D0

Been there, done that. No luck. I can't get pass this point in the =
installation process.

Kelly Wright (kelly@buz.net)
BuzNet Communications=20
http://www.buz.net
972-644-0440
-----Original Message-----
From: Brent Sheppard <brent@webmetrics.com>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Saturday, January 10, 1998 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: Loading NT on new server
=20
Have the computer on the network that you are trying to install on.=20
1) Make sure you choose BDC as the option.=20
2) Make sure you have the installation computer on the same domain =
name.=20
3) Make sure you network support is setup properly on the machine.=20

If is correct above, Nt will go and get users form the pdc at time =
of setup. I beleive that you must have access to the pdc when =
installing bdc or it will not work=20

Brent=20
=20
=20
=20

If all a=20

Kelly Wright wrote:=20

I am trying to load NT on a new server as a BDC and for some =
reason it won't let me complete the installation because it can see the =
PDC. I can load NT as a PDC but it gets errors messages with the other =
Domain PDC. I don't see away to install NT as a BDC. Any help would be =
appreciated. Kelly Wright (kelly@buz.net)=20
BuzNet Communications=20
http://www.buz.net=20
972-644-0440
=20
--=20
=
***=20
Brent L. Sheppard Email: Brent@Webmetrics.com=20
Sheppard Consulting, Inc.=20
1346 Lincolnway East www: http://www.Webmetrics.com=20
South Bend, IN 46613 OR=20
(219) 287-9938 www: http://www.Sheppard-Consulting.com=20
=
***=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01BD1DE2.E53D34D0

Been there, done that.  No luck.  I can't =get pass=20this point in the installation process.

Kelly Wright (kelly@buz.net)
BuzNet =Communications
http://www.buz.net
972-644-0440
=
-----Original =Message-----
From:=20 Brent Sheppard <brent@webmetrics.com>
T=o:=20 ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date:=20 Saturday, January 10, 1998 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: =Loading NT on=20 new server

Have the computer on the network that =you are=20 trying to install on.=20

1) Make sure you choose BDC as the option.
2) Make sure you =have the=20 installation computer on the same domain name.
3) Make sure you =network=20 support is setup properly on the machine.=20

If is correct above, Nt will go and get users form the pdc at =time of=20 setup.  I beleive that you must have access to the pdc when =installing=20 bdc or it will not work=20

Brent

 =20

If all a=20

Kelly Wright wrote:=20

   I am =trying to=20 load NT on a new server as a BDC and for some reason it won't =let me=20 complete the installation because it can see the PDC.  I =can load=20 NT as a PDC but it gets errors messages with the other Domain =PDC. =20 I don't see away to install NT as a BDC.  Any help would be = appreciated.  Kelly=20 Wright (kelly@buz.net)=20
BuzNet=20 Communications
http://www.buz.net =
972-644-0440
 =20