Re: Microsoft DNS vs others

( ntboy@mailhost.iconn.net )
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 13:19:14 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Kelly Wright wrote:

> I know there has been comments on this already but before I move from
> Microsoft DNS I wanted some info on other choices. I don't like BIND
> because I am UNIX illiterate. Thanks for any help.

BIND has nothing to do with unix. To make bind work, you just need to
know how to create zone files for BIND to use. Get a copy of DNS & BIND
(go to www.ora.com or to any good bookstore).

You may have bigger problems, though. Your primary nameserver isn't
authoritative for 204.216.44/24. If you don't know what that means, you
should contact the dns people at CRL.COM.