Re: DNS Question

Mitch Wagers ( mwagers@ocsnet.net )
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:13:48 -0800

That was somewhat inclusive, because not all MX records point to the same
domain. The point is you don't have www and mail hosts pointed at the same
machine unless of course they run all of that software on one machine. None
the less, if you create an MX record for domain.com that points to
mail.domain.com and have an A record for mail.domain.com and an A record for
domain.com that points to a webserver, your mail will be routed correctly
and you can type "http://domain.com" to get the web site.