Re: IIS4 upgrade over IIS3?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 13:40:21 -0800

The thing I noticed about IIS4 (since b2) is that is you don't accept the
defaults for the install, it simply will not work. Both b2 and b3 had
that problem, and I haven't verified wether the final has that problem.
I have gotten to where I can install it fairly quickly and once its
installed change to what I want it to be. All upgrades from IIS2/IIS3
fail miserably on all attempts as well. I always uninstall them, and
still you need to clean the registry of the IIS2/3 settings before
installing IIS4 or the install will fail.

Overall, once IIS4 is actually installed and running, its pretty killer.
Its too bad that it sucks so bad getting it installed. Its unfortunate
because one of the few things Microsoft typical gets right is a decent
install.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com