Re: Web TV at the school !!

Paul Arnold ( (no email) )
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 17:30:49 -0500

I have installed WebTV.

It's a box, smaller than a VCR that has a modem (56k?) in it and is ready
to plug in.

I'm not sure if you can get the modem to work in a lan scenario without
dialtone. I don't recall even SEEING that option. Also, with the built in
modem, the T1 may not be of any use because you are limited to that modem
as the data input. (i.e. there is no ethernet jack or whatever)

He may be forced to save his money and just purchase a bunch of dialups
from you if he is stuck on WebTV. (hey at $149 - $199 each, it's a cool
product. I bought it for a convalescent, nothing to configure.)

Sorry - I don't mean to sound discouraging.

Paul Arnold
parnold@gru.net