Re: Is it NT or a virus?

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 20:33:27 -0500

> From: Barry at Mint City Internet <bearb@mintcity.com>
>
> Interesting thing happening to my desktop icons. Seems some have changed
> different, unreleated icons. My quickbooks icon is now the Win pop-up
icon.
> Mcafee anti-virus has not reported any problems so is this a quirk in
> WinNT? Or is this a virus? Or is this a IE4.0 problem?

Have you tried fixing the problem using the icon repair utility in the
TweakUI NT/95 Powertoy? A friend of mind had his icons get all screwed up
in 95 several months ago, but TweakUI fixed it. I think the computer had
to be rebooted afterward, but it worked.

Powertoys:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/info/powertoys.htm

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com