Re: Backup Authentication

Jim Dunmyer ( jdunmyer@toltbbs.com )
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:39:36 -0500

At 11:18 AM 3/30/98 -0600, you wrote:
>We use a simple text file with a user of default and a password of "ANY".
>This allows anyone to log into the system, irrelevant of the username or
>pawssword.
>
>This is what we do in EMERGENCIES ONLY!
>

>>I would like to make a user text file that Radius can use in text mode from
>>our Emerald database. Below someone mentioned that it can be done from the
>>Emerald Client, but I can't find this option in the Emerald Client. I've
>>also heard of a utility called RADUSERS.EXE. I went to IEA's ftp server,
>>but didn't find anything with that name.

We use RADUSERS.EXE that came from Emerald's ftp site. It reads the
database and creates a text file for use by RADIUSNT.

The basic operation on our 'backup machine' is for RADUSERS to look at the
SQL database on the main machine and create the text file. Our batch file
checks the integrity of the text file using the FIND command because if the
main machine isn't running, RADUSERS will create a garbage file. If the new
file is OK, we then copy it to USERS. The AT scheduler updates the text
file every 3 hours.

<<jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>>
<<www.toltbbs.com/~jims>>