Re: RadiusNT needs too many restarts

Mike Hollyman ( mikeh@uiuc.edu )
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:33:12 -0600 (CST)

Since radiusd is running as a service, can I still run in debug mode, or
do I need to start it from a command prompt to run in debug mode? I'd
rather not run for several days from a command prompt, but if I have to,
I guess I will. If it runs as a service in debug mode, that will work, too.

Thanks,

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Mike Hollyman wrote:
>
> > Hi, our radius server is running on the same box as the SQL
> > server. It's the current version of RadiusNT, 2.2. Every now
> > and then, about ever 3 days, the RadiusNT server stops answering
> > requests. We have to stop the service and restart it to make things
> > work again.
> >
> > My question is: is this common? Anything I can do to check on what
> > causes it?
> >
> > Does anyone have a program to check the radius server on a regular basis and
> > restart it if it's dead?
>
> Run RadiusNT in -x15 debug mode and see what happens when it stops.
> That should tell you what the issue is.
>
> Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)

Mike Hollyman www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/mikeh
Computing & Communications Services Office
College of Engineering Workstation Labs Manager
(217) 244-8724 --finger mikeh@uiuc.edu for PGP Public Key