Re: Want Customised ASP Pages for Emerald ?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:22:21 -0800

iml@interconnect.net wrote:

> I would be interested in comparing your code to ours....I believe a
> lot of people have written ASP code to accomplish things in Emerald
> via webpage. Do you have an online time checker.....ours is really
> slow....I realize the table is huge...but it takes a REALLY long time.

Add indexed to your calls table based upon your where clause. For
example, if you are doing a Where AcctStatusType=1, make sure the
AcctStatusType column has an index on it.

Don't go overboard on the calls table with indexes (it will slow
down inserts). I typically have about 8 indexes on our calls table
here and it fairly quick. The bottom line is adding more memory
to your SQL Server (and letting SQL Server access it) to get the
query times down. If you are sorting the results, use a tempdb
in ram of about 32 mb and it should really make a difference as
well (but don't run out of memory, or SQL Server won't start!).