RE: Discount Calculations

Robert H. Clugston ( (no email) )
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:30:16 -0800

Dear Dale,
The point I was trying to make was that I doubt this is the correct way to
calculate this. If I'm paying for 6 months I want to the see the discount
on the six month whole and not on a month to month basis.
If I tell a customer that he (or she) is getting a 16.67% discount on six
month they will send me a check for $99.75 (assuming I charge
P.S. Am I alone in my thinking?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. []
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 1998 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: Discount Calculations wrote:
> We are going to have to teach you how to do this stuff. If you have any
> choices in the future, ALWAYS do it the way that works in our favor...
> $0.03 isn't much to each customer, but with a ton of customers it can buy
> lunch.

Most things are done in favor of the ISP. For example, if you define a
service discount, its taken AFTER the termed discount, therefore its
smaller than if just added to the termed discount and calulated at the
same time.

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |