Re: The Phone Company

iml@interconnect.net
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 17:30:44 -0600

Maybe this isn't the place for horror stories but we once replaced
routers and CSU/DSUs on both ends of a T1 circuit because MaBELL
insisted the line was checking out fine when they ran stress tests and
all their other little tests. Two weeks later after I jumped down
their throat and insisted it was their problem after we had gone to
the expense of replacing our equipment on both ends they found a card
with low voltage at one of the switches the circuit went through.
Depending on what size city you are in you may want to look for an
alternative to MaBELL they are popping up. One came into town here
and is putting in a SONET ring and giving us a substantial discount to
move to their network. Better technology...cheaper prices....better
service.