Re: Automatic Deletion and consolidation

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:08:34 -0800

James Sandusky wrote:

> Does Emeral version 2.1.8 have any features that automatically remove the
> AcctSessionType=1 records or is it something that we should still do
> manually?

The consolidation will remove them, but I typically recommend to just
run a command like "Delete From Calls Where AcctStatusType = 1" each
night via a scheduled task.

> If we only use Emerald for authentication and not for billing, do we still
> follow the same instructions for doing consolidation?

Yes.

> One last thing, I'm not clear on the procedure for setting it up to where
> any username and password will work. I saw on the list where you use the
> password ANY, but what username do you put in? Do you do this in test mode?

You have to run in text mode, and use DEFAULT (and it must be the last
entry in your users file) as the username, like:

DEFUALT Password = "ANY"
User-Service = Framed-User

and so on with the reply attributes.