Re: MailSite

Duane Schaub ( dschaub@terraworld.net )
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:30:06 -0600

I am also running ntmail on the same server with the same odbc logins.
NTmail uses verify user also, right?

In Mailsite, if I click on Add mailboxes, it shows the mailbox from emerald
and I add it, but when I check the pop account, it says that it cannot find
the sysname 'emerald'. Which is true.

Is there any was to 'alias' a db name?

Duane.

At 10:10 AM 2/24/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Duane Schaub wrote:
>>
>> I'm setting up mailsite. I can get a list of emerald "mailboxes", but I
>> can't get a pop client to authenticate. How can I get some more verbose
>> logging from the mailsite-emerald dll? I need more info about why the
>> authentication is failing.
>
>Mailsite doesn't use a DLL provided by us. Their code is built in.
>One thing you might do is check the permissions on the VerifyMailUser
>stored proc. if you can list users but not auth, it could be
>a permissions issue.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)

Duane Schaub, President |Terra World, Inc - Connecting The Planet
Terra World, Inc. |Southeast Kansas' Leading Provider
200 Arco Place, Suite 252 |Flat Fee - Never an hourly Charge
Independence, Kansas 67301 |Where Service is Top Priority!
Voice (316) 332-1616 |http://www.terraworld.net
FAX: (316) 332-1451 |dschaub@terraworld.net