Re: Emerald DB disk-dump in SQL

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 19:31:16 -0800

Without actually looking at your database, its pretty difficult
to guess whats going on. You could have a dump device listed that
isn't physically there. You could be doing incremental backups
rather than full backups, and all the restores are the incremental
changes (hence why its so big).

Check to see if you have WITH INIT on your backup. That
Overwrites everything rather than appending it. For example,
my nightly backup is three dumps all to the same file. Only
the first has WITH INIT, so its one dump file with three
actual databases.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com