Re: Limux users

Laslo Orto ( Laslo@cpol.com )
Fri, 02 Jan 1998 23:21:38 -0500

What i meant is that there is no difference betwean a PPP account for Win95
or a PPP account for Linux, it's still a PPP account. The only difference is
that you use win95's DUN with win95 or pppd (or something else) with Linux.
You can find a lot of information on how to configure it using a web search.

There is a big difference betwean formating a diskette and playing around
with unix, if your customer is doing what i think he's doing (dialing in
with a terminal program and expecting it to negotiate PPP) and he's using
Linux then he's looking for trouble, especially when somebody decides to
check how secure his box is.