Re: Unix Support with Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 20:52:13 -0800 ()

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Robert H. Clugston wrote:

> Dear Dale,
> I have a Linux box setup with emer_ux . I can see the share admin$ from a win95 box. I can also write files to the share. The problem is that when I batch accounts Emerald comes back with :
>
> 75:Path/File access error
>
> I think the problem is in the Emerald setup. Can you please help?
> Here is the log from my Linux box.

The problem is the file you have configured in the database. Most
likely you don't have a file defined for BOTH options in the external
system. The second one is described as a directory and it really
should be a file as well.

> Client requested max send size of 2920
> 12/09/97 05:16:01 xanadu (206.83.187.16) connect to service admin$ as user robert (uid=1000,gid=1000) (pid 212)"
>
> note: I wasn't sure what to put for the password server in SMB.conf

Typiically you would point it to the PDC if you want to auth from there.
The new SMB stuff is pretty extensive in all the stuff it can do for
all of the new security problems that NT has, etc.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)
IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs
Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com