Re: Wingate and Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 09 Dec 1997 11:45:59 -0800

Pat Augustine wrote:

> We've moved into a new location and for a couple weeks (until Bell gets our
> new ISDN lines installed), I'll be running through Wingate to get to our
> servers. Has anybody gotten Emerald to work through Wingate? Any hints on
> how to make it work through a proxy?

You have to install TCP/IP support on SQL Server, and then define a
tunnel in Wingate to allow your Emerald clients to get to your
SQL Server. Typically this is port 1433, but you can define whatever
you want.

Use the client configuration utility to define a connection to your
SQL Server using TCP/IP and then you should be able to connect.
Configuring and SQL client for TCP/IP is outlined in the Admin
Companion book (yeah, that big thick one).

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com