Re: Call Consolidation

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 11:48:22 -0800 ()

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997 emerald@nls.net wrote:

> I'm trying to understand how this call consolidation works. It appears to me
> that when I do a call consolidation, it's only consolidating calls for
> customers who are paid up to date. If a customer has an open invoice, their
> calls in the call table are not updated/deleted. Is this correct?

It will consolidate completed billing cycles. It doesn't matter
whether the account is paid or not, just whether the billing cycle
is complete.

> Also, do I really need to be putting radius into text mode in order to do a
> call consolidation (which runs about 3 hours here) or can I do it while the
> entire system is live?

See my message earlier. If you have a primary auth RadiusNT machine
which does NOT do ANY accounting requests, you'll be fine.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)
IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs
Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com