Re: couple of questions

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 18:31:07 -0700

Josh Moormann wrote:

> > In text mode, you would have to revert to the old method. In ODBC mode
> > we support default attribute sets for each accounttype. When you
> > associate a use to an account type, if they don't have any specific
> > RADIUS attributes, their accounttype defaults are used.
>

> > As long as your don't do an entry like:
> >
> > DEFAULT Password = "WINNT"
> >
> > they will have to be listed in the file to have access.
> > We do not have an equivilant of DEFAULT in ODBC mode.
>
> What do you mean, "We do not have an equivilant of DEFAULT in ODBC mode"?

Normal RADIUS servers (like Livingston, Ascend, Merrit, etc) have what
is called a DEFAULT entry in the users file that can authenticate
against
another user database (typically the passwd file). We have default
attribute sets for account types but do not have a global DEFAULT
set of attributes. If a user does not have a specific set of
attributes,
and there are no default attributes for the user's account type, they
are not authenticated. That would be typical for non-login services
you are billing for like DNS, web, etc.

> Above didn't you say ODBC mode supports default attributes? Thanks for
> the response and clarification.

Yes, per account type, but not globally.