Re: couple of questions

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:49:48 -0700

Josh Moormann wrote:
> Now, if I switch to RadiusNT in text mode would I have to enter in all the
> nfo above (or something similar to it) for every user? What about in OBDC
> mode? Is there a way to have a "default" setting (like above) and just add
> a username + password, restart the service and it works?

In text mode, you would have to revert to the old method. In ODBC mode
we support default attribute sets for each accounttype. When you
associate a use to an account type, if they don't have any specific
RADIUS attributes, their accounttype defaults are used.

> 2) Regarding NT SAM integration. I've got over 6000 users here and I only
> want to limit dial-in access to about 150 of them. Am I correct in
> thinking that a user will only be allowed dial-in authentication if their
> username is in the access list regardless if the password part comes from a
> text file or NT SAM database? Bottom Line, I don't want a situation where
> any of the 6000 users can be authenticated just because they are a member
> of the domain and I have RadiusNT set up to get passwords from the SAM
> Database.

As long as your don't do an entry like:

DEFAULT Password = "WINNT"

they will have to be listed in the file to have access.
We do not have an equivilant of DEFAULT in ODBC mode.