Re: Stability of RadiusNT 2.2.35

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 23:56:48 -0700

John Lange wrote:

> I have been using .49 on my primary auth and acct server since it's
> inception, and it has been EXTREMLY stable. Is 2.2.35 stable enough to put
> in the front line production position, and will I still be able to sleep at
> night?

So far we have been running it on two alpha and two intel boxes
without a single glitch on RadiusNT. We ran into the IP problem
last week when adding some terminal servers, but that was out
fault.

Today I had to do some work on our SQL Server, and re-started
it. All three RadiusNT boxes re-connect and keep going as if
nothing happened. I stopped the fourth one, stopped RadiusNT,
started it in foreground, and then started SQL Server. It got
several timeouts, a couple of the "Database is being rebuilt",
and then finally connected. This should be good news for those
who run RadiusNT and SQL Server on the same machine.

> I know that you produce a VERY good product, just heard enough of others
> with problems with .60 to be weary.
>
> Looking forward to a long working relationship with You and IEA.

We had a pretty decent beta test, and we are usually very quick to
resolve any problems. The last of the 2.2 issues should be flushed
out this week and I don't anticipate any show stopping issues to come
up. Since RadiusNT 2.2 can be swapped with 1.16.60 w/out any other
changes, it shouldn't be tough to test or switch between the two.