Re: Ascend Permanent Connections & RadiusNT don't work?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 00:06:34 -0700

Albert Churba wrote:

> Briefly, the permconn-(MAX name)-x should force the MAX to dial out to
> another device. In this case it is another Ascend product like a Pipeline
> 50. I do alot of dedicated ISDN connectivity and this is a must have. The
> MAX has only 31 fully configurable connection profiles for subnet masks and
> such putting the burden on the external product (RadiusNT).

This should be fairly straight forward.

> Well I spoke too soon. My time is up... I can't get into the client! Is
> there a way to test your suggestion with an expired trial?

I'll send you a temp key in a few minutes.

> This one that baffles me. It does not matter what mode I'm in, text, ODBC,
> or both. I spent a few hours duplicating the Ascend dictionary in the
> RadAttributes and RadValues table, so there are NO parse 95 or 98 errors.
> The users file loads fine.

I don't see any reason why it would be giving a user not found, then.

> BTW, in reading one of your post, you too work 24/7 also? My wife wants to
> kill me for that. :)

Sometimes. It really depends on the user demand. Its been getting
better lately.