Re: RadiusNT 1.16.60 unable to report NT4.0 RARAS accounting

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 23:37:21 -0700

Bruno A. Karoly wrote:
> I guess that if I was in your place I'd take the same position. How do
> you suggest going about letting MS know? I think it's important that
> people tell them about their non RFC compliant RADIUS client. Besides
> that there is a lot left to be desired about the way their
> administrative client for RARAS works as well. In the meantime I'm
> hungry for reasonable workarounds and if I had your skill I'd be
> working on them right now. Your input is very helpful.

We have three people who are interested in this. Thats probably less
than 1% of the total people who use our products. We try our best to
support it, but its not worth the development time. Most people move
to real terminal servers (like your USR) and dump RAS because of these
kinds of issues, anyways.

> How does one go about removing the primary key? I'm not sure that I
> even know where to find it. Does removing it impact the database
> acitivty of other NASs attached to the system? We are running 3 NT
> RARAS servers and one USR NetServer.

If you go into Access, edit the calls table, and remove the key from
the four fields that currently make it up and save the table. It
does impact the other terminal servers, as well.