Re: 56K Testing

Kurt Schafer ( (no email) )
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 00:30:47 -0400

The problem you are probably experiencing is that the line quality between
your home and your ISP isn't sufficient to achieve 56k speeds.

Just like many people with 28.8 modems or 33.6 modems rarely achieve top
speed when they connect, real world results with 56k according to many
samples I've seen tend to hover in the mid 40k range at best.

In my area, Bell Canada doesn't make any guarantees above 9600 baud !

- Kurt