Re: Multiple Network Cards

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 11:15:47 -0700

Graeme Slogrove wrote:

> On 18 Jul 97 at 17:45, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:
>
> In regard to my previous problem with one IP address on our local
> machine not working properly, I've found that each time RADIUS is run
> it will not necessarily bind to the first network card in the machine
> and hence send replies using the wrong IP address. Is there a way
> around this ?

I have always known the bindings to be consistant and predictable.
We recently ran into this situations (which I somewhat described on
the list earlier, see the archives) about a multi-homed, multi-nic
machine and the problem that cam up with it. NT itself will send
the replies using the first configured IP in the same class as the
destination. If it is not in the same subnet, it will always use
the primary IP address (or the first in the same subnet as the
gateway).