Re: Coupla Queries

Graeme Slogrove ( (no email) )
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 16:17:41 +0000

On 18 Jul 97 at 17:45, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

> Just DB space. Newer versions of RadiusNT use GetDate() or
> Date from the DB engine, so changing the type should allow
> the greater information you are asking about.

Thanks, I tried that late last night and found it worked perfectly -
ran Radius in debug mode and figured out it was returing the full
GetDate() to the server - a quick change of the table, and I've got
what I need ;)

> machine. Since that is the IP the request will be returned with, if
> the PM sends to another IP address, it will be returned via a different
> IP and the PM rejects the ACK.

I wondered if that would be the problem, but since I have over 40 IP
addresses on the same machine that's doing the auth, I can't trace if
this is the real problem - the one thing to do is a TCPDUMP of the
traffic, but the pm is definitely sending to the primary address of
the machine. I got it to work for a few hours yesterday, but then I
restarted RADIUS and it refused to auth again - the problem may lie
in the fact the I have two network cards in the machine, and it's
picking up the different IP address to bind to each time ..

Any ideas on how I can force it to the correct address ?

Regards,
Graeme

---FastLight Data Distribution ccNational Connectivity Solutionshttp://www.fdd.netTel: (011) 706-0212Fax: (011) 706-0812