Re: RadiusNT .60, Access & No Logins

Glen Harvy ( glen@aquarius.com.au )
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:53:42 +1000

At 13:40 9/07/97 -0500, you wrote:

It's a requirement for O'Reily's Website program to multihost web sites on
the same NT server....

>On another note...nothing to do with RadiusNT...It sounds as though
>something else is wrong other than RadiusNT. Every IP on the network
>should be able to have a DNS entry without effecting multiple hosts...
> ----
>From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea.com>
>To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
>Date: Wednesday, July 09, 1997 1:35 PM
>Subject: Re: RadiusNT .60, Access & No Logins
>

>>> The WinNT machine acts as a multihost for several web sites. It's
>primary
>>> address is 203.58.25.3 .
>>>
>>> The domain name is not listed in the TCP DNS configuration on the WinNT
>>> machine. Doing so disables the web multihosting feature.
>>
>>This is don't really follow or undestand, but its not relevant to
>>RadiusNT.
>>
>>> Other IP addresses for the WinNT machine are 203.58.25.50,
>203.58.25.201
>>> and 203.58.25.202
>>>
>>> The NAS is located at 203.58.25.100 and is configured to talk to the
>>> RadiusNT server at 203.58.25.3 .
>>
>>No problems here.
>>
>>> The NT machine receives the radius request fine and the ID is confirmed
>>> back to the NAS. This works for security only. When I try to use
>>> accounting, the NAS never acknowledges the ack sent by the RadiusNT
>machine.
>>
>>Have you tried enabling the "Require secret" option for
>>accounting? This could be all you need for accounting
>>to work.
>>
>>Dale

Glen.
AQUARIUS Communications for all your Internet<>Fidonet needs <> Internet
Service Providers <> FrontDoor Commercial <> TransX Internet FTSC Mailer
voice(02)9907-9295 <> fax(02)9948-1998 <> bbs (02) 9948-9122 <> 3:714/930
http://www.aquarius.com.au <> mailto:sales@aquarius.com.au