Re: RadiusNT .60, Access & No Logins

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 07 Jul 1997 21:07:19 -0700

Fox, Thomas L. wrote:

> >> The portmasters, however, will not. The request comes
> >> through in the -x15 output, and it appears to Ack it and
> >> send it back to the PM, but the PM is behaving as if
> >> it didn't receive the Ack. It sends the request through
> >> several times, then comes back with invalid login.
> >>
> >> What did I miss?
> >
> >You've installed RadiusNT on a multi-homed machine, and the
> >IP that NT is using to send back the request (usually the primary)
> >is not the same that which the portmaster is sending to.
>
> Ok. Will check it in the am. Does it state somewhere
> in the docs that this behavior occurs, or should I have
> just known it? Sometimes I'm a little dense. :-)

Its FAQ material. One of those things most people don't really
run into. I am working on a new version of RadiusNT that can
thread instances for IP Addresses, which could allow you to
customize each one. I'm also looking at binding only to one
port, and therefore illiminating this problem altogether. :)