Re: Dr. Watson, often upon *reload*

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 01 Jul 1997 12:32:59 -0700

Justin Yunke wrote:

> Hello Dale and Lurkers --
>
> I am using RadiusNT .60, running as a service, on two servers.
>
> We occasionally, as in, every few days, have to drive out to our
> remote locations to hit the OK button on that ridiculous excuse for
> memory faults (Dr. Watson) and manually restart the server.
>
> Are certain NT service packs required for proper, continuous
> operation of RadiusNT running as a service?
>
> The crash often happens during a *reload* using radlogin.

What is your *reload* user profile? Make sure its just the
username and not a bunch of extra items.

Secondly, I would recommend stuffing a sock in Dr. Watson. To do
this, edit the regitry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DrWatson\VisualNotification

and set it to 0. There are others you might want to adjust.
Then you can use something like server manager to restart a service
if it fails. This is also good for IIS if you have the infamous
inetinfo.exe crash problem. :)