Re: Install of RadiusNT.

Bob Napier ( rwn@ornl.gov )
Tue, 01 Jul 1997 13:31:47 -0400

------- Forwarded Message
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 12:07:50 -0400
To: daler@iea.com
From: rwn@ornl.gov (Bob Napier)
Subject: Re: Install of RadiusNT.

Dale,

Thanks! Explicitly setting the directory in all the places via Admin worked.

Now I'm having another problem I'm sure you can help me with as well:

Upon entering "radius -x15", at the end of the dialog I get:

" 1 users loaded!
radius: No such service: radius/udp in your services file
Defaulting to port 1656 for RADIUS authenication
radius: service not defined" radius/udp
using port 28166"

I have set both 1645 and 1646 via the Admin utility.

I have a sniffer running which shows that the NT server is responding to an
attempted Netblazer login with "UDP Port 1645 not reachable."

So, it appears that Radius and/or the server is not answering the login
attempt through port 1645 ???

Thanks,

Bob

At 01:01 PM 6/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Bob Napier wrote:
>>
>> Kurt,
>>
>> Nope, just kept the default data directory of ".." in RadiusNT admin.
>>
>> Is this correct?
>
>You need to specify the full path (like c:\radius) for the directories
>in the RadiusNT admin.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)

------- End of Forwarded Message