Re: RadConfigs vs RadATConfigs

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 11:15:13 -0700

Tim Pitman wrote:

> Could someone explain to me the difference between RadConfigs vs.
> RadATConfigs Table, and which fields are acctually sent to the NAS (i.e.
> out of the "Data" field, and "Value field", is one or both sent to the NAS,
> and how is this determined which one is sent, what are they used for. If I
> set Session-Timeout, what field is the one required for the time. I assumed
> the "Value" field, but then what is the "Data" field used for.

RadConfigs are RADIUS attributes specific to a SubAccounts.
RadATConfigs
are "default" RADIUS attributes for AccountTypes. If no entry is found
in the RadConfigs table for the user, RadiusNT then checks the
RadATConfigs
table. If none are then found, the user is not allowed on.

The value and data field depend on the TYPE of the attribute, from the
RadAttributes table. If you look at the RadiusNT documentation,
database schema, most of this is defined. Only one of them is used.

RadAttributes Stores the RADIUS dictionary information.
RadAttributeID Unique RADIUS Attribute ID
Name RADIUS Attribute Name
Type RADIUS Attribute Type
0 String
1 32-bit Integer
2 IP Address
3 Date
4 Ascend Binary

RadConfigs RADIUS Reply Attributes for SubAccounts

AccountID Related AccountID from SubAccounts table.
RadAttributeID Related RadAttributeID from RadAttributes table.
Data Used for String, IP Address or Date Types
Value Used for Integer Types

RadATConfigs RADIUS Reply attributes for AccountTypes

AccountType Related AccountID from SubAccounts table.