Re: Looking for Advice on Concurrent lockout, and NT SAM Migration to

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 21:51:23 -0700

Robb Bryn wrote:

> We are a small NT RAS shop and are looking at implementing radius.
> Before we do I thought I'd try to get some advice on two aspects that I
> haven't quite figured out in Radius yet.
>
> 1. Is there an easy way to migrate the current NT user SAM database to
> radius? I really hate to have to re-type those usernames and passwords
> over again (integrating the NT user database into Radius is not an
> acceptable answer in this scenario).

We currently do not have an option for exporting the NT SAM to a radius
database. However, we do have an option to authenticate once via
the NT sam, and then capture the password and save the clear test
password
in the ODBC database, so that you can slowly move away from the NT SAM.

> 2. Are their any pointers in the radius implementation that anyone could
> share before I try to set up concurrent lockouts (our main reason for
> going to radius).

RadiusNT 2.2 (when available) should ahandle the concurrency control
just
fine. You can look to Emerald if you don't want to do the database
work yourself.