RE: Error registering file during installation.

Barry Kiesz ( barry@mdex.net )
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:12:42 -0500

On Tuesday, June 17, 1997 12:24 PM, Dale E. Reed Jr. [SMTP:daler@iea.com]
wrote:
> Dan Milam wrote:
> >
> > While installing RadiusNT 6.0 on NT 4.0 SP1 I receive an error that
states:
> > "An error occured while registering the file msrdo32.dll"
>
> You need to have ODBC installed BEFORE trying to run the RadiusNT
> installation.
>

> > I have a 500mb partition that is FAT16 (DOS) and a 2GB partition that
is
> > NTFS (NT4).
> >
> > Q. Should I install it on the fat or ntfs drive? Does it matter. I
tried both
> > ways and neither worked.
>
> It doesn't matter.

Dan,

Funny you should have that problem.. We just were installing a fresh copy
of RadiusNT .60 and had a 1GB FAT and a 2.6 GB NTFS Partition. When we
tried to install Radius it gave the same error.. We ended up NTFSing the
whole damn thing and it worked..

We only have intentions of running radius with the text file, so we didn't
even look at installing ODBC first ( I thought since it was a fresh copy of
NT4.0 it would have the ODBC in.. )

Just my .02

Barry