Re: Long Authentification Delay Time

Dave Aoun ( (no email) )
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:16:45 -0400

If you are using Win95 on the dialing machine, you need to uncheck "Log on
to network" in the dialer's properties. You are authenticated immediately
by Radius, but you must wait until Windows NT rejects you to be registered
on the NT network.

Not quite sure if it's an NT, Max, or 95 problem. Last thing I'd suspect
is Radius.

Dave Aoun
Internet Technician
CSOnline

----------
From: Mark A. Knight <RadAdmin@Express-Connect.Net>
To: NTISP Mail-List (E-mail) <ntisp@emerald.iea.com> Radius NT Mail-List
(E-mail) <RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com>
Subject: Long Authentification Delay Time
Date: Thursday, June 12, 1997 3:56 AM

Okay, I upgraded my MAX to 5.0Ap10. That was the latest patch I could
find. I still have long delays in logging in. I am pretty sure the
additional delay (normally 30 seconds) comes AFTER the MAX has sent the
request to my RadiusNT server and RadiusNT has done its deal. The reason I
say this is because I dial in from one box, switch over to my RadiusNT
server, see the authentication and accounting packets, start my stopwatch,
and the other system finally connects 30 seconds later.

There must be an attribute I have set incorrectly in the MAX as best I can
figure.

Help!